Trying another smoothie idea. There is lots of room to make changes or additions. For example, you can add ice cubes if you like a thicker (and colder) smoothie. You can also easily add flax seeds or chia seeds.
¾ cup organic plain yogurt, you can also use vanilla yogurt
1 banana, remember the riper the banana the sweeter it will be
1½ cups frozen dark sweet cherries (I only had dark tart cherries, so I added about 1 tablespoon honey)
Add all ingredients to the blender and blend until desired consistency.
Superyummy and superhealthy. Cannot have a better way to start the day (or can even be made for a snack during the day!)
* Bananas provide a variety of vitamins and minerals including vitamin B6 and C, manganese, potassium, dietary fiber, protein, magnesium, and folate.
* Cherries are rich in vitamin A and C.
* Yogurt provides about 9 grams of protein. Furthermore, it provides nutrients such as calcium, vitamin B-2, vitamin B-12, potassium, and magnesium.
* Chia seeds are an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids and are also rich in antioxidants and full of fiber, magnesium, zinc, iron, and calcium.
* Flax seeds are a rich source of dietary fiber, manganese, vitamin B1, and omega-3.