So…it’s been quite a while since I last posted…so many recipes to catch up on and post. Sadly, just thinking about all of those blogs makes my head spin.
I have actually made the strawberry rhubarb jam twice…since I had to refresh my memory on how I made the jam the first time around…well and now a whole month has passed and we will see how much I actually remember about making it.
Ingredients (7 4-ounce jars):
300 grams of rhubarb, washed, peeled and cut into small pieces
300 grams of organic strawberries, washed and cut into small pieces
¾ cup of sugar, less of strawberries are really ripe and sweet
1½ tablespoons pectin
¼ cup water
1. In a medium pan, combine the rhubarb, strawberries, water, and sugar. Heat at medium heat for about 2-3 minutes, until rhubarb starts to become softer.
2. Transfer jam mixture into a blender and evenly blend. Return blended mixture to pan. Add pectin and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Meanwhile, heat jamming jars in hot water bath.
3. Pour hot jam into hot jamming jars, leaving about an inch at the top. Immediately close each jar and stand upside down to completely seal the jars.
4. Enjoy jam on bread.
* Organic strawberries (store-bought) and rhubarb from the garden provide various healthy vitamins, including high fiber content, good source of potasium, vitamin A, C, and K, as well as folate.
* Homemade jam has lower levels of sugar and less artificial ingredients.
Recipe inspired by: http://www.chefkoch.de/rezepte/2192391351810893/Erdbeer-Rhabarber-Marmelade.html