Here is another easy way to consume proteins…the only downside is that it is superdelicious =)
In addition to the easy preparation, this spread is also very versatile. You can use it instead of mayonnaise (I really dislike mayonnaise) on your sandwich, as spread on your veggie burger, as filling for quesadillas or burritos, or as dip for tortilla chips. I even like it just as spread on fresh bread.
With these endless possibilities, you may wonder how to make it. So here is the recipe.
Ingredients (1 serving):
juice of 1/2 lime or lemon
3 ounces Greek yogurt
1/8 teaspoon sea salt
1/8 teaspoon onion powder
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
dash of cayenne pepper
1. Remove the pit from the avocado and mash in a bowl using a fork.
2. Add the lime juice, Greek yogurt, and spices. Mix well. Alternatively to hand mixing, you can also place all ingredients into a food processor.
* Greek yogurt is naturally low in fat, but is loaded with proteins. This makes Greek yogurt an ideal food item for vegetarians.
* Avocados are a good source of iron, monounsaturated fats (the healthy fats), vitamins C and E, beta carotenes, potassium, and manganese.
* Limes and lemons are rich in vitamin C.